It must be spring because people are thinking about chickens. We had a full house at CLUCK the Chicken Store on Sunday for our Backyard Chickens 101 class. If you missed it, you can catch the class again on Sunday, March 30.
The conversation covered the eight questions that anyone thinking of Chickens should ask - and answer - before their chicks arrive:
1. Why do you want chickens?
2. How many chickens do you want to keep?
3. How much does it cost?
4. How much time and work is required?
5. What breeds are best for your needs?
6. Should you start with chicks or laying hens (pullets)?
7. Where can you get chicks or pullets?
8. What kind of coop is right for you?
We will get into more of the details in coming days.